1. Guest, you can still vote when not on the server. Top voters get $15 off the shop!! Click To Vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Help us out and give us A Like
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keep up to date with news, outages and downtime on our Official Twitter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Security advice: Don't use the same password on these forums as you do for your MC account. Change it if they are the same - this keeps your MC account secure
Dismiss Notice

TcpNoDelay · PvP Advantage.

Discussion in 'Kitpvp' started by LessPainful, Oct 31, 2016.

1. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: Scenta
    • Contributor
    So I know this mod called TCPNoDelay, it is created by the owner of Kohi. What it does is, it opens a special connection, to get a better connection to a server. BUT, it can be used to give a big advantage, only for windows users tho! I will provide down below what advantages it can give, and how it can be used for it!

• Better reach.
    • Less KB (Knockback/Velocity)
    It's not really that much, but still, it can give a big advantage with less knockback, and better reach.

So, how does it work? It works with using RegEdit a registry tool for windows. You can create values for it, and for this, it creates a value in a registry I can't really remember. But it creates a value called TcpNoDelay. You can both buy values online, or get them free.

Many people might not get how this can give an advantage in PvP. So here is it is

With less knockback, you won't take as much knockback as usual. If you don't know what knockback is, it is when people hit you, and you get knocked backward.

With a better reach, you get 1-2 block(s) extra reach, which means you can hit further than usual. The normal reach for Minecraft is 3-4 blocks, depending on the servers configuration.

2. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    Forgot to say, but I think it should be a banned mod here on PlanetMine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Raikiri

Raikiri PlanetMiner

lol why should it be banned? It only improves your connection I don't see what's so bad about it. And it's allowed on most servers. And what if they make TpcNoDelay illegal? People are still gonna use it, and this server doesn't even ss people. So making this mod illegal is kind of pointless.

#3 Raikiri, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nanikos

Nanikos Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    I personally don't think this should be banned at all. All this mod does is improve connection on 1.7/1.8 by disabling "Nagle's algorithm" (improving the efficiency of TCP/IP networks by reducing the number of packets that need to be sent over the network.)

When 1.8.1 came out mojang made this change themself, so literally all this does is let 1.8 users, use 1.10 connection, nothing major.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheerios32

Cheerios32 PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: Cheerios32
    • Contributor
    Also, it is like banning people from having good internet. If we don't do that, why should we ban people for making there bad internet good?

6. Frank_the_Minion

Frank_the_Minion Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    If It gives better reach that means it should be banned. For example, a random weeb could be fighting another random weeb. The first weeb has the mod, so he can gg'10 the other poor weeb.

• Sweaty Betty! Sweaty Betty! x 1
  7. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    If you read, you can edit something in RegEdit, so it can give you better reach, or less kb.

8. Implies

Implies Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    You don't get any extra reach. It's not a hacked client. If you are fighting someone with a superior connection, or lower ping, they can only reach as far as you can. A good example of this is mining. Go onto survival/creative, take out a pick, and test how far you can break blocks. you will get the exact same result as the player with inferior connection. The only reason players appear to have more reach, is because you're seeing a depiction of them which could have happened a variable amount of time before. If you have 150ms, and your opponent has 25, as an example, your opponent strafing around you can seem further away from your perspective, but sits right in range in theirs. It only applies to when players are moving. As far as knockback goes, I have nothing to say. I can't see why reduced knockback could be an advantage over a disadvantage. (not saying anti-kb is a good thing).

This mod gives the same result as Wtfast, which I have used for some time a while back.
    It works in a different way, but it gives you a faster connection as it runs through a private network dedicated for people playing video games.

My thoughts on banning the mod in a nutshell:
    If you wanna ban the mod, you might as well ban all players who get a good connection because of their location/network provider. Does that sound like a good idea?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Nanikos

• Contributor
    ^ Relating back to exactly what I said prior. It pretty much lets 1.8 users have a 1.8.1+ type of connection instead of the original method that mojang had implemented for the versions lower than 1.8

So technically, not only should we ban players who get a good connection, we should ban everyone who is using 1.8.1+ because they "technically" already have the mod on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    It can give extra reach if you edit something the your RegEdit as I said, I've tried my self on my own server, to see if it still worked, and it does.

11. Nanikos

• Contributor
    Yeah thats if you add new DSWORD files into a certain directory while using regedit (TCPNoDelay & TCPAskFrequency) are the names of the files you create.

TCPAskFrequency is enabled by default on windows 10
    TCPNoDelay isn't active by default but adding the mod basically enables it, or adding the TCPNoDelay DSWORD to the regedit would do the same.

They are only latency reducers, made to help reduce ping in online games, all the reach and kb claims are false.

Example of computer without the regedit change on a server:

Server: "Hello computer, I am sending a data packet over to you. Did you receive it?"
    Computer: **no reply**
    Server: "Stop wasting time, answer me now."
    Computer: **no reply**
    Server: "Okay there are more data packets sending right now, just a heads up"
    Computer: "Okay thanks I got the first one and just got ones after."
    Server: "Why didn't you reply faster from the first one? I been waiting ages."
    Computer: "I'm sorry. I'm just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs. This is how I'm setup by default."

^ Basically without it it takes your pc a longer time to respond to packets.

Example of a computer with regedit change on server.

Server: "Okay I just sent over a data packet, did you receive it?"
    Computer: "Yes I did, send the next one."
    Server: "Wow, that was fast. Here is the next one."
    Computer: "Okay I got it, send another."
    Server: "Wow that is an improvement wasn't it? Now that's more like it."
    Computer: "Yup, I am keeping up with all your packets you are sending."

TCPNoDelay mod improves your internet connection to the server.
    And regedit changes help to reduce ping, nothing more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

Minecraft account: Aws
    • Administrator
    When u say on ur own server is it a private multiplayer server or like single player? As most things are able to work/modified in singleplayer than it is for multiplayer.
    1.8 will soon enough be stopped anyway as the newer mc versions come out so ideally it's not a massive issue at this point in time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    It is on my server, 1.8 latest NCP, and all that.

14. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    that's using 1.8 tho? We on here use 1.10

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    And what does that have to do with this?

16. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    With the different versions especially to do with the different coding that has gone on between 1.8 up to 1.10 that type of mod may not even actually work how it should even if a user is on 1.8 client because of the server being 1.10