1. Guest, you can still vote when not on the server. Top voters get $15 off the shop!! Click To Vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Help us out and give us A Like
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keep up to date with news, outages and downtime on our Official Twitter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Security advice: Don't use the same password on these forums as you do for your MC account. Change it if they are the same - this keeps your MC account secure
Dismiss Notice

Bow Antihack

Discussion in 'Kitpvp' started by Tatsumi, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Tatsumi

Tatsumi PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: Tatsumi
    • Contributor
    Hey :)

I'm writing this to suggest the removal of the [BowAntiHack] which was added to kitpvp after the reset.
    • This AntiHack is useless, a few reasons why:
    -Bow Aimbots/Bow clients are not that popular amongst hackers since they always go for the usual melee hacks.
    -The Chances of a user actually even getting a bow kit from an unlocker is 2/34.
    -There arent any bow clients out there/or that even actually work properly.

• Why It should be removed:

-Players who do not hack(and get above 100ms) spike the AH oftenly causing their bow to be disabled for 5 seconds which is really annoying because even 1 shot could be crucial in certain situations.
    -It stops the user from going all out because he knows that if he quick fires a couple shots there is a chance of spiking the AH and disabling his bow.
    -All players no matter their ms have a chance of triggering the AH simply by jumping and firing at the same time.
    150143794635672.png

I've talked to various staff about this in the past and their response simply was "Dont bowspam" but thats not even the case here,even players with less than 100ms can easily spike the AH just by firing one shot. And even if they do bowspam, whats the big deal? Its a valid tactic in all pvp servers even if its frowned upon.

It would be greatly appreciated if something was done about this
    Thanks!

#1 Tatsumi, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Implies

Implies Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    I literally get that message for firing one arrow while I get a spike in ms, or if I just fire two or three shots with half charges. I don't see a point in it because I've never seen a player use fastbow or a bow aimbot on planetmine in my 1000+ hours on kitpvp.

3. Otuka

Otuka Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    From what I know, fastbow doesn't even work on the server anyway. (I remember trying it out when Tech asked us to challenge the antihack and when I used fastbow I got kicked instantly). The only other bow hack people use is bow aimbot, and that is entirely useless unless you're attacking someone who's standing completely still, so I'm sure there are very few people who actually use it.

#3 Otuka, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnimeJunkieJacob

AnimeJunkieJacob Active PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: AnimePlayz
    • Contributor
    I agree that it should be removed as long as there is at least one Anti-Cheat plugin on there stopping hackers.