1. Guest, you can still vote when not on the server. Top voters get $15 off the shop!! Click To Vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Help us out and give us A Like
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keep up to date with news, outages and downtime on our Official Twitter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Security advice: Don't use the same password on these forums as you do for your MC account. Change it if they are the same - this keeps your MC account secure
Dismiss Notice

A few kitpvp suggestions.

Discussion in 'Kitpvp' started by Implies, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Implies

Implies Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    Arenas:
    Arena 1 on kitpvp has been getting pretty bland recently.
    It's a great map, and it's lots of fun, but I feel like that arena rotation system we had a few months back made kitpvp better. Some variety couldn't hurt anyone, could it?
    One of the issues with the system was that after the arenas swapped, new players who have joined would have nobody to fight because everyone else would still be in the previous arena, but this can be avoided by teleporting the players to the current arena. And if someone didn't want to be in a certain arena, they could just do /kb join arena1/2. It really wouldn't hurt anybody. If staff do consider this, maybe there could be more than two arenas, something like the map used for Jet's oldschoolpvp? That map would be really appropriate for kitpvp. It's not too small, not too big, and it had some great aesthetics.

Ranks:
    The in-game ranks were removed quite a while ago. Staff have told me that they were going to be added back in, but I feel as though it has been forgotten.

Combat timer:
    This has already been mentioned to staff before, I only added this so that it's not brushed off the table ;)

Just another thing:
    - Players have lost their perms to /ignore, which was quite beneficial. Previously it was only accessible after leaving the KB but now it's completely inaccessible. I'm not sure whether there was a reason for this.

Edit: I have just read the February update notes and Jet has mention that Arena 2 has only been disabled "until further notice", If this means that the removal is not permanent, the idea of more than 2 arena should still be considered. :)

#1 Implies, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Fishypingu

Fishypingu Active PlanetMiner

• Contributor
    I think these are some good ideas. I believe arena 2 is closed at the moment? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. Maybe that's why you're feeling as though arena1 is bland. If it isn't then I'm not sure where I got it from xD

#2 Fishypingu, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Implies

• Contributor
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    If you're referring to arena 2, It is now only accessible through a command.

4. Fishypingu

• Contributor
    Yeah sorry I mis-typed.

5. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

Minecraft account: Aws
    • Administrator
    We couldnt have them teleport when arenas changed because it cannot differentiate between those in an arena and who isnt to then tp them into a separate location depending on where they are. Hence why users had to /spawn after leaving the arena themselves to go to the next arena.

If what I hope is setup and sorted next week then I will be rolling out some changes to kitpvp (if tech is ok with me doing it)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Implies

• Contributor
    Lookin' forward to some changes. Been quite a while.

As for the whole tp thing, there could be a short, automated message in chat informing the players that a new arena has opened and it would include the command(s) necessary to move in-case anyone doesn't know how.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: Scenta
    • Contributor
    Instead of being able to just teleport to an arena, maybe vote to change arena?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JWill9

JWill9 Active PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: GoldenProd
    • Contributor
    Back to what I said months ago. Why not let the people choose what arena they play in. When arena 2 was open I remember some people had fine fps on it while a big handful of players did not and had good fps on arena 1. Why does it have to be mandatory for them to use the arena scheduled for the time slot when there could be a tp command or sign to let them choose which arena they want to play in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Clever! Clever! x 1
  9. Fishypingu

• Contributor
    The only problem with this is depending on how many players are on could determine how many people would be in one arena. Let's say, for example, lots of players loved arena 2 and were playing on that same one for the whole time, yet a couple of players who love arena 1 are getting bored of killing the same players, will have to transfer to the other arena just for variety. What if there are hardly any people on and people are in separate arenas? It could get a little bit lonely. Passed what I have said, I think it's a good idea to be able to choose what arena to play on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LessPainful

LessPainful PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: Scenta
    • Contributor
    If you saw what marshy he said HoiToi

• WTF Trophy! WTF Trophy! x 1
  11. JWill9

JWill9 Active PlanetMiner

Minecraft account: GoldenProd
    • Contributor
    What are you talking about

12. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    People could choose the arena they wanted if they really wished, however it was removed because of this purpose, people were being split up too much and created just 2 separate arenas with group of teamers and no pvp actually being done, and because of this other users then decided to leave because they couldnt pvp or have fun while being on kitpvp, so the second arena was removed because of this reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Implies

• Contributor
    From my own experience, it wasn't an issue at all until Planetmine seemed to die a bit after the end of the summer. Seems to be going wayyy up again, so that's irrelevant?

14. Aws

Aws Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Since it was added it was being watched about player separation and it just kept splitting users up, which then decreased player count, so tech removed arena2, it wont be added back as of anytime soon, it may reappear during summer when more users will be on but as of right now it's too much of a separation so it's best to just have it disabled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Implies

• Contributor
    I feel as though a bit of a compromise could be made. Constantly having arena 1 is getting really boring and many players would agree. If the player split is really that much of an issue, then can't the arenas swap less frequently? Maybe 6 hours? Or even 24? That way the players will only be split if they are on at that particular time, and if someone is unlucky enough to log on at that time, chances are they will know how to change to the other arena, or they could just ask the rest to join the current arena.

Whether the changes are made or not, a lot of the time we still play on arena 2 by accessing it via the command. People have been doing so quite frequently the past week ^^^

That alone kind of shows that people do genuinely enjoy playing on a different arena.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fishypingu

• Contributor
    If you, along with some other players, are finding arena1 very boring, then some time soon in the new future perhaps a remodel of the arena could take place. People could give suggestions as to what it could look like or the staff could plan it themselves.